The ISTC Web & Database Programmer
1. General Description of the Position
Web & Database programmer is responsible for coding, innovative design, layout of website(s) and function, maintaining and updating computer databases, database management, troubleshooting, and developing new systems to improve data protection and analysis, development and practical implementation of the approved ISTC policies. Provides information reports as requested.
Web & Database programmer reports to ISM.
Web & Database programmer performs the following duties:
- Develops additional modules and special projects on existing sites;
- Finalizes existing modules and develops new software modules;
- Administers MySQL databases, creates new tables, optimizes and joins tables;
- Leads automations of work processes, supports existing system;
- Develops and implements new functionality;
- Identifies and corrects errors;
- Optimizes code and databases for performance;
- Compiles and updates on a regular basis the instructions documentation;
- Assists any aspect related to information management system development or maintenance.
4. Qualifications requirements
- Practical experience in the development of websites;
- Knowledge of PHP 5.6 +Yii2;
- Knowledge of MySQL, CSS (adaptive layout);
- Experience in assembling sites using CMS, as well as writing their own modules and components for CMS;
- Understanding the OOP;
- Certified professional in PHP, MySQL, SQL developing is welcome;
- Fluent English/Kazakh/Russian languages skills;
- Communicative teamworker.
Place of work: Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
Eligibility: Citizens of Republic of Kazakhstan
To apply, please send your detailed CV (in English) and a cover letter, indicating your professional interest in the job, to Gulnora Yakubova, firstname.lastname@example.org, before February 5, 2021.
References are preferable.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.